Thanksgiving on the Cheap
Those living on a tight income sometimes sweat holidays that most aren't even thinking about. Take, for instance, Thanksgiving. If you are on a fixed income, how do you squeeze in that extra meal for the family?
Here are some tips to help you deal with a Thanksgiving you can't afford:
1) TURKEY TIPS
Most important - you need to get a turkey. Better yet - a FREE turkey. To get one you need to know the basics. Firstly, if you spend $100 dollars to get a $25 dollar turkey that isn't going to help you. Here a few tips we found from the Krazy Coupon Lady and other sources:
- A 20 lb. turkey is worth about 25 bucks (based on $1.25/lb).
- Don’t spend more than $100 to earn a free turkey.
- Don’t buy items you wouldn’t normally buy.
- Take advantage of a “buy a ham, get a free turkey” promo if you’ll use the ham.
- Watch for 2019 free turkey promos beginning mid-October and running through Thanksgiving.
- Work at Costco (they'll give you one).
Do you have any great ideas you would like to add to this list? Please submit them here.